OpenEMR 4.2.0 Users Guide
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- OpenEMR 4.2.0 Users Guide:
- OpenEMR 4.1 Workflows:
- Access Controls.
- ACL Fine Granular Control.
- Add Red Notification to Patient Billing Widget.
- Admin Globals Summary
- Backup: Lest you rue the day. Windows users, take note of this Forum thread.
- Break Glass - Emergency Access configuration.
- Calendar Categories: How to Change Names, Colors and Intervals of Appointments.
- CAMOS module: An Intuitive Interface for Text Organization and Insertion in a Patient's Chart.
- Charges Panel.
- Clinical Decision Rules.
- CDR Guide: How to add Rules for Clinical Quality Measures.
- CDR User Manual.
- OpenEMR 4.2.0 AMC Reports.
- Configure and Add Code Types.
- Configure OpenEMR for ICD-10.
- CouchDB Documents Module: Using CouchDB to store patient documents.
- HOWTO: Create And Use Database Views.
- HOWTO: Create Multiple Code Fee Sheet List Categories.
- HOWTO: Use OpenEMR's Dated Reminder.
- Using "Direct" Communication: How to use "Direct" communication in OpenEMR.
- Encryption and Decryption of document.
- Fee Sheet Custom Service Categories
- OpenEMR 4.2.1 Fee Sheet Review Button and CPT4 Link
- Contributed Forms.
- Graphic Pain Map can be readily adapted to provide annotations on an uploaded image for any specialty.
- Track Anything: A graph generating form for any data.
- LBV (Layout Based Visit) Form customization & layout.
- Sample Layout Based Visit Form Tutorial.
- LBV Forms For Ophthalmology: A Pictorial Guide.
- Multiple Sites Module.
- Nation Notes: Medical Record Template engine with a WYSIWYG editor.
- Sample NationNotes Form.
- Patient Note and Form Searching.
- Batch Payment (EOP) and Statement Processing.
- Pharmacy Dispensary.
- Phone numbers input: How to input phone numbers in three different places.
- Patient Portal.
- Procedure configuration & order process.
- Step wise explanation of how to configure Procedures:
- Sample: Create and Use Procedure Orders 4.1-4.2
- Electronic Procedure Orders.
- Laboratory Exchange User Documentation.
- End of Day Report (Day Sheet).
- Patient Statement with Dunning Messages.
- Securing OpenEMR.
- Facility Specific User Information.
- OpenEMR Settings.
- User Settings.
- Import Standard Tables: An ICD9, ICD10, SNOMED and RxNorm Import Guide.
- Templates for Patient Documents
- Language Translations.
- Videos and Animations.
- Review: EDI History Module.
- Remember to set Youtube full screen to 480 for better quality picture
OpenEMR 4.2.x - Getting Around
OpenEMR 4.2.x - New Clinic: Facility Settings
OpenEMR 4.2.x - New Clinic: User Accounts
OpenEMR 4.2.x - New Clinic: Create Patient Record
OpenEMR 4.2.x - Data Forms
OpenEMR 4.2.x - Basic Billing Workflow - Claims Processing
Setting up your clinic
Adding a new patient
Using your calendar
Documenting a visit/encounter
Issues, Problems & Immunizations
Billing and Claim Generation
EOBs, Payments & Accounts Receivables
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Plan to post questions here that are frequently asked on the forums for OpenEMR version 4.1.3.
- How do I get E-Prescribing working?
- See OpenEMR ePrescribe wiki page for details.
- How do I get electronic lab results working?
- See Tony McCormick's 9/19/2011 post in the SourceForge forums for details on this feature.
- How do I go about getting Meaningful Use now?
- The Official Web Site for the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Programs.
- See CVerk's excellent 12/6/2011 and 1/5/2012 posts in the SourceForge forums describing how he successfully passed Meaningful Use attestation for 2011.
- An additional thread (both 1/5/2013 posts by CVerk) describing how he passed Meaningful Use attestation for 2012.
- See these excellent posts (10/8/2011 and 10/12/2011) in the SourceForge forums by Dr. Ronald Leemhuis describing how he planned to get the 2011 Medicare incentive.
- See Jojo Pornebo's 10/15/12 post in the SourceForge forums, regarding Medicaid Meaningful Use.
- See this excellent thread describing the topic by Dr. Sam Bowen on the OEMR organization forum.
- 2013 Ophthalmologist's Meaningful Use Attestation A step-by-step pictorial guide.
- OpenEMR Acknowledgments Page
- Greater than 98 developers have directly contributed code to this project.
- Meaningful Use Certification itself involved numerous individuals, companies and the OEMR organization. Detailed acknowledgments for this monumental feat in MU1 can be found on the first post in this sourceforge forum. The MU2 feat is currently ongoing.