From OpenEMR Project Wiki
This is a Medical Record Template engine with a WYSIWYG editor, which is built on top of the Layout Based Forms module.
- 1. Make a new form.
- Go to Administration->Lists
- On 'Edit List', go to 'Layout-Based Visit Forms'
- Enter a ID (one word) and a Title (Title of your new form)
- Click 'Save'
- 2. Build the new form
- Go to Administration->Layouts
- On 'Edit Layouts', select the form you created in step above
- Click 'Add Group'
- For general instructions on creating a Layout Based Form, see the Layout Based Forms.
- To create a Nation Notes field entry:
- In 'Data Type' entry, select 'Nation Notes'. (Nation Notes is a type of field with very special options)
- Select the Nation Notes sub-category of the prested list from Nation Notes from the 'List' entries.
- After done building the form (instructions via Layout Based Forms), click the 'Save Changes' button.
- Congratulations, you have now built a new form with Nation Notes.
- To see the nation Note created in the left MENU options for Visit Forms you have to logout and login again.
- 3. Use the new form
- From an encounter screen, click 'Layout-Based', and select your new form. Click on the form field that is a Nation Notes field, and then a pop-up with a WYSIWYG editor and template engine will pop-up; the sky is now the limit.
- 4. Add Templates
- Open a new encounter and then click the NationNote field. (Default there are 4 Nation Notes options: Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan)
- Click 'Add Category'
- Click 'Personalize' on bottom left.
- Select the category from “Select category” drop-down list.
- Click 'Click to add new components' and then click ADD, just next to the field on the template.
- Click 'Save' on top left corner.
- Make for each Category a list of options to be included in the free text field of Nation Notes.
- Once you made the Options for a Category, you can fill the text that you want to be included in the NationNotes text fields.
- For Subjective you may want to include Pain. Next when you go to the Subjective field and Double click in the field you have the option to Add new Components.
- Here you fill the text that you want to include in the bigger text field with one click. Afterwards you can rearrange the text or do other nice things to make it more readable.
- 5. Share the Templates. (This can be done only if you are not the person who did make the earlier four steps.)
- Log in OpenEMR account.
- Open a new encounter and then click the NationNote field.
- Click 'Personalize' on bottom left corner.
- Choose the template category from “Available categories” column and click [>>] button for moving them to right column.
- Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Save'.
6:. Enter your text when you did create text in the text processor and want to keep that text for other nation Note entries.
- Write your text in the greater field. Select the part of the text you want to repeat for other nation Notes.
- Click on the category and component you want to use the text an past the text and save.
- To change the sort of the available text options, just left-click the text and bring the text to the preferred place.
7:. T0 make a new category.
- This can be done in OpenEMR Database => Tables => customlist.
- cl_list_slno should be the next folling number at the end of the table.
- cl_list_id should be the same as cl_list_slno
- cl_list_item_long should be the name of your new Category.
- cl_deleted should be set on 0 (zero)
- Click on GO to save your insert.
- Go back to Edit Layouts
- Select the form you want to add the new Nation Note form field, ADD the new field as suggested in the start of the page.
- Select all other options needed for an nice layout and after saving and optional restart of OpenEMR the form is ready to go.
This module was contributed by Z&H Healthcare.