Transitions of care – receive, display, and incorporate transition of care \ referral summaries (MU2)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(1) Transitions of care – receive, display, and incorporate transition of care/referral summaries. (i) Receive. EHR technology must be able to electronically receive transition of care/referral summaries in accordance with: (A) The standard specified in § 170.202(a). (B) Optional. The standards specified in § 170.202(a) and (b). (C) Optional. The standards specified in § 170.202(b) and (c). (ii) Display. EHR technology must be able to electronically display in human readable format the data included in transition of care/referral summaries received and formatted according to any of the following standards (and applicable implementation specifications) specified in: § 170.205(a)(1), § 170.205(a)(2), and § 170.205(a)(3). (iii) Incorporate. Upon receipt of a transition of care/referral summary formatted according to the standard adopted at § 170.205(a)(3), EHR technology must be able to: (A) Correct patient. Demonstrate that the transition of care/referral summary received is or can be properly matched to the correct patient. (B) Data incorporation. Electronically incorporate the following data expressed according to the specified standard(s): (1) Medications. At a minimum, the version of the standard specified in § 170.207(d)(2); (2) Problems. At a minimum, the version of the standard specified in § 170.207(a)(3); (3) Medication allergies. At a minimum, the version of the standard specified in § 170.207(d)(2). (C) Section views. Extract and allow for individual display each additional section or sections (and the accompanying document header information) that were included in a transition of care/referral summary received and formatted in accordance with the standard adopted at § 170.205(a)(3).
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- EMR Direct is providing a service via Direct for electronically receiving CCD.
- (EMR Direct feature is complete and committed to 4.1.2 codebase)
- ZH Healthcare is building mechanism to upload, process, display and incorporate the CCD into OpenEMR.
- (ZH Healthcare committed all of these features to 4.1.2 codebase)
- Some information for historical purposes
- I think now need to support CCD(a) to accomplish this item.
- This item will be supported by the ZH Healthcare Care Coordination Module: http://sourceforge.net/p/zhopenemr/wiki/Care%20Coordination%20Module/