Transitions of care – create and transmit transition of care\referral summaries (MU2)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(2) Transitions of care – create and transmit transition of care/referral summaries. (i) Create. Enable a user to electronically create a transition of care/referral summary formatted according to the standard adopted at § 170.205(a)(3) that includes, at a minimum, the Common MU Data Set and the following data expressed, where applicable, according to the specified standard(s): (A) Encounter diagnoses. The standard specified in § 170.207(i) or, at a minimum, the version of the standard specified § 170.207(a)(3); (B) Immunizations. The standard specified in § 170.207(e)(2); (C) Cognitive status; (D) Functional status; and (E) Ambulatory setting only. The reason for referral; and referring or transitioning provider’s name and office contact information. (F) Inpatient setting only. Discharge instructions. (ii) Transmit. Enable a user to electronically transmit the transition of care/referral summary created in paragraph (b)(2)(i) of this section in accordance with: (A) The standard specified in § 170.202(a). (B) Optional. The standards specified in § 170.202(a) and (b). (C) Optional. The standards specified in § 170.202(b) and (c).
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- (EMR Direct feature is complete and committed to 4.1.2 codebase)
- The mechanism to transmit is in place, however still need to create the summary (per standard)
- Note that the smoking status needs to include the SNOMED codes that are mapped to them (these are mapped in the Administration->Lists->Smoking Status)
- I think also need to support CCD(a) to accomplish this item.
- This item will be supported by the ZH Healthcare Care Coordination Module: http://sourceforge.net/p/zhopenemr/wiki/Care%20Coordination%20Module/