Drug-drug, drug-allergy interaction checks (MU2)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(2) Drug-drug, drug-allergy interaction checks. (i) Interventions. Before a medication order is completed and acted upon during computerized provider order entry (CPOE), interventions must automatically and electronically indicate to a user drug-drug and drug-allergy contraindications based on a patient’s medication list and medication allergy list. (ii) Adjustments. (A) Enable the severity level of interventions provided for drug-drug interaction checks to be adjusted. (B) Limit the ability to adjust severity levels to an identified set of users or available as a system administrative function.
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- This is (and was) handled by the NewCrop Interface. It may be possible with Stage II to certify wit multiple eRX interfaces if the others that are in use can be "merged" or made installable. Specifically DrFirst and Relay Health.
- According to Tony during MU2 conference call 10/12/2013, this is pending ongoing NewCrop development. Bradymiller 19:55, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- Also should be supported by ZH Healthcare module: http://sourceforge.net/p/zhopenemr/wiki/ePrescription/