Drug Decision Support
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Meaningful Use Measures:
The EP has enabled this functionality.
Certification Criteria for EHR:
1. Automatically and electronically generate and indicate (e. pop-up message or sound) in real-time, alerts at the point care for drug-drug and drug-allergy contraindications based on medication list, medication allergy list, age, and CPOE.
2. Enable a user to electronically check if drugs are in a formulary or preferred drug list in accordance with the standard specified in Table 2A row 2: Applicable Part D standard required by law (i.e., NCPDP Formulary & Benefits Standard 1.0).
3. Provide certain users with administrator rights to deactivate, modify, and add rules for drug-drug and drug-allergy checking.
4. Automatically and electronically track, record, and generate reports on the number of alerts responded to by a user.
- Any place where a physician would be writing a prescription
- Form them menu/navigation system in any context for general use
- Must be able to pull the existing Active Meds from the issues list (and prescriptions table?)
- Must execute the interaction and report the results on screen.
- Must be able to print the results for the patient, if desired.
- May want to save the results as a patient chart note
- May want to log that a check was done and by who (audit)
Chetu has implemented a solution, waiting on completed funding to take delivery
- This is a client/server architecture. The client is going to be released GPL as part of OpenEMR.
Effected Code, Tables, etc
Owner and Status
- Chetu Team, MI2 Team