How to get paid for ONC Certified Use
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Who is eligible?
- MDs, DOs, Dentists, Chiropractors, Podiatrists
- More than 30% Medicaid
- Pediatrics with more than 20% Medicaid
- FQHC or RHC
- Physicians, Dentists, Certified Nurse Mid-wife
- Nurse Practitioner
- PA in FHQC or RHC
Medicare $44,000 over five years
- $18k, $12k, $8K, $4k, $2k
- $21,250, $8,500 yearly x 5 years
Medicare program attestation period needs to start before 2015. Attestation period is reduced in 2013, and 2014. Eligible Medicaid providers may participate for the full amount as late as 2016.
What do I do?
Register with CMS
- National Plan and Provider Enumeration System user name and password
- Your NPI number
- Enrolled in PECOS
- Payee Tax ID (one number is selected)
- Payee NPI number (one number is selected)
Attest that you are using a certified EHR
- 15 core functions, 5 of 10 optional functions
One lump sum to one NPI / Tax ID per year 75% of Maximum Allowable charges up to a maximum of $18,000