From OpenEMR Project Wiki
On 10/30/2010, the official OpenEMR repository was moved from cvs to git on Sourceforge.
The massive sourceforge thread that discussed this migration can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openemr/forums/forum/202506/topic/1412511
Also some discussion on this thread: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openemr/forums/forum/202506/topic/3894279
Summary of the conversion process and the planned commit work flow discussed here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openemr/forums/forum/202506/topic/3943377
Items still left to do
- PROBLEM: When compared the cvs and git repositories, all tags/branches were identical, except for the v3_1_0 tag and the rel-310 branch.
- SOLUTION: Did not include the rel-310 branch in the migration. Will rebuild it after the migration. While rebuilding rel-310 will also add a v3_1_0_FIXED tag with appropriate code. So will require following steps:
- Create a rel-310 branch off the v3_0_1 tag in the git repo.
- Create a diff patch between v3_0_1 and v3_1_0 in cvs; use the cvs diff which can be used to ignore differences in EOL and not include cvs versioning lines. Apply this patch in the new rel-310 branch, and then tag this with v3_1_0_FIXED.
- Create a diff patch between v3_1_0 and rel-310 in cvs; use the cvs diff which can be used to ignore differences in EOL and not include cvs versioning lines. Apply this patch and commit to rel-310 branch.
Official git Mirrors
This content has been moved here to the following wiki page : Repository work flow structure
Proposed Developer Structure
Migrated this section to Repository work flow structure page.