Electronic Claims Submission
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Meaningful Use Measures:
At least 80% of all claims filed electronically.
Certification Criteria for EHR:
Enable a user to electronically submit claims to public or private payers in accordance with the applicable standards specified in Table 2A row 4: Applicable HIPAA transaction standards required by law.
COMPONENT R: ELECTRONIC CLAIMS SUBMISSION
- The technology shall have the ability to submit claims electronically to public and private payers.
- HIPAA X12 4010A1, and NCPDP Script 5.1, and CAQH CORE Phase I and Phase II - or -
Allowable alternatives for 2011 and 2012:
- HIPAA X12 5010 and NCPDP Script 10.x per
- HIPAA rules, and CAQH CORE Phase I and Phase II
The technology shall have the ability to report % claims submitted electronically to all MU.P1.G1 payers.
- Current Claims Billing Modules meet the requirement for submission
- One of the typical reports needs to have percentage by carrier added, 1-2 hrs max hrs estimated
Effected Code, Tables, etc
Owner and Status
Tony, MI2, In progress