Smoking status (MU2)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(11) Smoking status. Enable a user to electronically record, change, and access the smoking status of a patient in accordance with the standard specified at § 170.207(h).
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- Finished and feature is in the 4.1.2-dev version:
- Add the two new smoking selection items (DONE)
- Adjust CDR rules for new smoking elements (if needed; THIS WAS NOT NEEDED) (DONE)
- Add SNOMED term associations to smoking items (DONE)
- Add a SNOMED-CT code type for generic clinical terms (DONE)
- Add mechanism to allow importing of US SNOMED extension (DONE)
- Show and modify clinical term codes in Admin->Lists screen (DONE)
- Increase size of the code sql column in the code sql table (DONE)
- Smoking status - SNOMED CT code has to be referenced in transition of care or referral summaries. This feature is yet to implement. Till then, the status of smoking status will be On Hold.
Here is the report. File:Smoking status.pdf