From OpenEMR Project Wiki
OpenEMR Project Roadmap
- This core roadmap addresses new development efforts that will benefit outpatient and inpatient users alike. Roadmap items include hybrid inpatient/outpatient support, advanced billing, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) integration, modern cloud offerings, ability to perform quality reporting, low-cost medical devices connectivity, and more. This mixture of user-facing and "under the hood" technology enhancements have been identified as important by our users. By working together on one well-defined roadmap, our community and platform will continue shining around the globe.
- OEMR (non-profit backer of OpenEMR) and our vibrant community is dedicated to responding to user needs and setting our priorities to be consistent with the requests of our colleagues abroad. Regardless of if you or a clinician, developer, documenter, tester, or translator, you are essential in the successful execution of this roadmap.
- These projects make up the roadmap and can be worked on independently. Requirements and tasks management can be found by visiting each forum link, which can be thought of as the "top of the tree" that links tasks, people, chat boards, resources, and relevant code branches.
- • Affordable Medical Devices Connectivity
- • Units Support
- • Team Tasks Management
- • Advanced Billing
- • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Integration
- • Modern Cloud Solutions
- • Quality Reporting
- • Realistic Test Data Generation
- • Clinical Intelligence Dashboards
- • Intelligent Chart Summarization
- • Normalized Code Directory Structure
- • Separation of Business Logic Code
- • Module Framework
- • Frontend User Interface Rework
- • Telemedicine Support
- • Speech Dictation Documentation
- • Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
- (Upon project completion, simply note (DONE) at the front of the entry)
- At the 6/8/2016 OEMR organization board meeting, it was decided to create a Roadmap Committee to begin looking at pursuing community driven roadmaps. There are 2 separate entities, the OpenEMR Project and the OEMR organization, which have separate roadmaps. However, since the main goal of the OEMR organization is to support the OpenEMR project, it makes sense to develop roadmaps for both of them in unison. If you feel something is missing from this roadmap, please contact the committee. If it is deemed "mission critical" (such as the existing items), it will be added. If it not "mission critical", it will be added to Active Projects & Projects Needing Developers listing.