Patient Electronic Access to Health Information
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Meaningful Use Measures:
At least 10% of all unique patients are provided timely electronic access to their health information.
Certification Criteria for EHR:
Enable a user to provide patients with online access to their clinical information, including, at a minimum, lab test results, problem list, medication list, medication allergy list, immunizations, and procedures.
Minimal Requirement from a USE Case Perspective
- Secure Login
- Admin function - Creation and ability to administer said logins
- Ability to control authorized others access in some way, expiration time or
- Logging of logins and releases of information
- Generate reports (PDFs and CCR/CCD)
- Provide download of above PDF/CCR/CCD
- Patient request for changes to the record
- Create a trimmed back version of OpenEMR that only allows access to the Patient information via a separate login system controlled by the Physician from their servers.
- Create a CMS based (Drupul or Miniweb for example) that only allows access to the Patient information via a separate login system controlled by the Physician from their servers.
- Use Google Health API and their portal by creating a common interface to the CCD/CCR records. (see below for details)
- Use Microsoft Health Vault and their portal by creating a common interface to the CCD/CCR records.
- Use MiSys open source solution for the portal
- New Push from government: http://health2challenge.org/blog/blue-button-challenge/ this may be the option to push for
Google Health API Notes
Work with Google Health to provide a patient portal access to health information. Google Health API
1. BEFORE YOU GET STARTED YouTube Overview of Google Health: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNe6-p4G7Ik Short clip giving a visual walkthrough of Google Health 2. Data Providers Overview: http://code.google.com/apis/health/data_providers_overview.html Gives a general outline of the process and what we are looking for. 3. Getting Started Guide: http://code.google.com/apis/health/getting_started.html This gives the technical details so please make sure to follow this carefully. Use the left navigation for other technical documents. 4. TO BEGIN INTEGRATION API Agreement: http://services.google.com/events/googhealthdevelopers This is required for integration and list your domains to be registered here as well. 5. Google Health Developers Group: http://groups.google.com/group/googlehealthdevelopers This group is monitored by members of the Google Health Team. Please defer technical questions here. 6. Application: http://services.google.com/events/googhealthdataproviders Use this as a checklist for the integration requirements. Once everything is complete and you are ready to go live, please submit this form.
Effected Code, Tables, etc
Owner and Status
Design: Thomas Wong (Intesync) and Tony McCormick (MI2)