OpenEMR 4.2.0 Admin Globals Summary
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
OpenEMR Global Settings
- The Global settings of OpenEMR's Administration menu item control most all aspects of the application that a user is able to customize short of changing the computer code it's written in.
- The Administration-> Globals screen opens displaying a panel that has several tabs across the top, each pertaining to one category of settings. Each tab shows the list of settings down its left edge, and the data values for those settings are set in the main part of the panel.
- Tool tips appear when you hover the mouse pointer over the caption and offer some additional explanation of the item.
- Change a setting to the desired value, or enter the appropriate text.
- Remember to click the Save button at the bottom of the panel.
Links to the Panels
- Controls many interface characteristics including colors, themes, layouts, what objects appear in some screens.
- Set display of language, locale and cultural factors such as money notation, languages to be used, what to translate.
- Turn on or off many OpenEMR features and functions which may not be useful in all healthcare settings.
- Different applications of practitioners' electronic digital signatures to the medical record.
- Document maintenance using the CouchDB database
- Settings for the OpenEMR calendar
- User passwords, security certificates, system settings pertaining to physical security
- Settings that direct the function of OpenEMR's email, SMS, phone reminder systems
- Settings that activate/ deactivate the Clinical Decisions Rules' actions such as popups, prompts, and the CDR functionality itself
- Controlling and auditing the logging/ monitoring of various functions
- Odds and ends such as storage locations, certain common default settings
- Configuration and settings of the offsite and CMS portals patient portals
- Authorizations and options for Electronic Data Interchange accounts
- Authorizations and options for electronic prescription service accounts
- Settings for OpenEMR's PDF output capability