Exchange Clinical Information
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Meaningful Use Measures:
Performed at least one test of certified EHR technology's capacity to electronically exchange key clinical information.
Certification Criteria for EHR:
1. Electronically receive a patient summary record, from other providers and organizations including, at a minimum, diagnostic test results, problem list, medication list, medication allergy list, immunizations, and procedures and upon receipt of a patient summary record formatted in an alternative standard specified in Table 2A row 1, displaying it in human readable format.
2. Enable a user to electronically transmit a patient summary record to other providers and organizations including, at a minimum, diagnostic test results, problem list, medication list, medication allergy list, immunizations, and procedures in accordance with the standards% specified in Table 2A row 1.
1. Work on UI design and architecture for HIE in OpenEMR.
2. Gather HIE configuration from each state. Start with New Jersey.
3. Connect to HIE network in each state.
Effected Code, Tables, etc
Owner and Status
John Williams (Garden State) Status as of 2/4: UI specs completed and reviewed, Architecture specs in progress
Thomas Wong (Intesync) Status: HIE Strategic plan for California collected, 3/12/2010
- XDS Affinity Domain Implementation Guide (IBM): http://www.research.ibm.com/jam/IHII_DeploymentGuide.pdf