From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(3) Demographics. (i) Enable a user to electronically record, change, and access patient demographic data including preferred language, sex, race, ethnicity, and date of birth. (A) Enable race and ethnicity to be recorded in accordance with the standard specified in § 170.207(f) and whether a patient declines to specify race and/or ethnicity. (B) Enable preferred language to be recorded in accordance with the standard specified in § 170.207(g) and whether a patient declines to specify a preferred language.
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- Analyzed - Bradymiller 10:05, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- COMPLETED by developer Jan Jajalla.
- Need a 'Declined to specify' option for language/race/ethnicity.
- Need to be able to select multiple options for Race (note the testing script has an example where two races are selected). This is an opportunity to include a multiselect option in the library/options.inc.php script and Layouts/LBF engine, which can use for the Race entry then.
- Remove the option to Add a language from the main demographics form (should change this along with Race and Ethnicity to non-add lists datatypes in the layouts engine).
- ISO 639-2 alpha 3 code needs to be recorded somewhere
- Place them in the lists Notes field and rename the column to 'ISO 639-2 Code' for this list in the Lists GUI.
- Include all languages that have a corresponding alpha-2 code in ISO 639-1 (note, though, that the 639-2 alpha 3 code is what is stored)
- There are about 123 of them to add/modify
- List is here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
- (the corresponding three letter codes are also in above table)